Mar 20, 2008

Abel Lago interview

Intervista al Campione del mondo wave KPWT:

1) What is your best souvenir on this KPWT 2007 ?

The Photo on the beach of Moulai (Essaouira) after the wave final. Was my first victory on the KPWT and I will never forget it !!!

2) What was your best / more difficult heat of the season ? Where and against who ?

The wave final in Brasil versus Jose. Was a realy short heat (8min) and I was realy unlucky with the waves selection, and I didn´t have enough time to do my best.

3) Where is your favorite spot to kite ?

In front my house in Galicia, there is always wind and waves. Is not the best place in the world but I have my family and friends there and for me is a dream place.

4) What's your feeling with the 1X Wave World Champion Title ?

I feel that, all the job that I did in the winter training before the events, give a result.

5) 1X Wave World Champion you have established yourself as a world class competitor and Now, what are your plans / goals for 2008 ?

Go for the Overall Ranking in the KPWT. I will have to do all the disciplines but I like the challenge. The human being needs motivations in our life to wake-up every morning.

5) Anything more you'd like to add ? ...

I like to say thanks to all the people to make the KPWT works.
Because every event I feel like I go to a trip with my friends and not a competition.